See below for open positions.
MetroRev is a financial consulting firm established to assist state and local governments identify and recover missed revenue, validate the consistency and clarity of municipal codes and promote license compliancy amongst businesses operating in their jurisdiction. We are currently looking to fill the role of Senior Tax Auditor in our firm.
Our Tax Auditors are responsible for auditing taxpayers within the town(s)/ state(s) MetroRev is engaged with in order to determine whether a tax liability or license infraction exists. Typical duties involve reviewing taxpayer records to verify that the businesses and individuals are in compliance with tax laws; interpreting Municipal Code, State statute and regulations; and reviewing court cases relating to the administration and enforcement of tax or license provisions. The individual for this position must have the ability to review prior year tax returns, financial reports, and payroll filings, among other financial and legal documents. Strong analytical skills and the ability to request the necessary records to complete a thorough review are important.
This position requires considerable tact in dealing with the public. A tax auditor assists taxpayers in person, over the telephone and through written correspondence. The ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner is vital to the success of the position.
Some accounts may require on-site duties at the client’s office as well as on-site audits within the local area. Periodic trips outside of the state may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts interviews and elicits pertinent data, information, records, and/or documentation to support audit research, analysis, and subsequent reports.
- Examines accounts and records and computes taxes owed according to the prescribed rates, laws and regulations.
- Applies appropriate methods and procedures to analyze and make recommendations concerning the accuracy of each case’s tax filings.
- Prepares work papers, analysis summaries, findings/recommendations, correspondence, and audit reports.
- Represents organization before taxing authorities.
- Takes initiative and manages own projects to work towards timely resolutions to the audits assigned.
- Successfully completes continuing education courses in areas relevant to the scope of work assigned to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in accounting, finance or a related field
5+ years of relevant experience. CPA’s or CPA candidates will be given top priority.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information, collect and research data, use intuition and experience to complement data. Exhibits sound and accurate judgement.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel and Access or similar database software.
- Experience in working with clients or the public and possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail. Meets commitments. Aligns work with strategic goals.
The ability to successfully pass a background check including but not limited to: criminal background search, drug testing and credit reporting is a condition of hire.
Benefits include a competitive salary, bonus program, discretionary profit sharing, 401k with company match, medical insurance, company provided long-term disability, company paid group term life insurance, flexible schedules, 8 paid holidays, paid vacation/sick leave, paid professional development courses.
Submit resumes to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter and salary requirements.
No 3rd party resumes will be accepted.